To keep your film looking great, follow a few simple guidelines:
• Wait 96 hours after installation to wash your vehicle.
• Remove insect or other stains as soon as possible with bug and tar remover.
• Stubborn stains can be removed with 99% isopropyl alcohol or lacquer thinner. Take care to keep these chemicals off the vehicle's paint.
• Seal with Xpel Flawless Finish Paint Protection Film Sealant once every 3 months to preserve high gloss
(road oils, diesel smoke, pollen, and pollution can cause discolouration and deglossing of film, this sealant will create a protective barrier)
• Light scratches in the film will self-heal in 20-30 minutes at room temperature. In colder conditions, or to accelerate the process, pour warm water (120 F) over the affected area.
DO NOT wipe or scrub film in direct sunlight or when film is hot
DO NOT use abrasive cleaners on film
DO NOT use dyed or colored car waxes on the film
Professional removal of the film is recommended.
If this isn't possible, follow these steps:
• Warm film with heat gun, hair dryer or hot water to soften and loosen adhesive.
170 degrees F is the recommended temperature for this process.
*Heat guns and blow dryers - avoid heating too long in one spot as this can melt the film.
• Peel one corner of the film up with your finger nail.
• Pull film both up and towards lifted corner of 45 degree angle.
This angle is important to ensure that the adhesive comes off with the film
rather than staying on the paint. The film should stretch off the car.
• If any adhesive is left on the car, use a general adhesive remover to help loosen it.